Peeing in the shower :)

Hi, just thought I'd share my bladder emptying technique. I found it easy to empty the bladder on all fours during my shower. Seems convenient to do that at least once a day!

Uterine prolapse and menstruation

At 52 I still have my periods and find with the prolapse the whole lower abdomen very sore from the belly button down to the pubic bone. I suppose it would not be wise to do kegels at this point? Have any of you had this kind of pain and add to that sore legs because of heaviness of the uterus and bladder. By the way I have an inversion table which I use for the prolapse and it helps but not 100%. Is the slant board you are talking about from Dr. Bernard Jensen the same thing? Thanks.

yoga and setback

I have continued with yoga after gaining insight from Christine and have felt great but I have been careful about not tucking my tailbone under because I immediately feel more pressure down there. However on Monday night we did back bends and he gets us to tuck our tailbone under to protect our lower back. There were a few moves that set off alarms in my mind because they didn't quite feel right. Unfortunately I kept doing them. The next day it was like all my hard work went out the window. In the afternoon I had major pressure down there again (from my rectocele). I am confused as to which poses to avoid.

Physical Therapy

I started doing physical therapy a couple of wks ago. My therapist taught me to lay on my back with my hips and butt elevated on a foam wedge about 45 degreee incline. She told me to exercise the pelvic floor on the wedge which helps the organs slide back into position. The exercises include reps of quick kegles and uses a stretch band around the knees and i would alternate opening and closing my knees with feet flat on bed. The theory is that the pelvic floor muscle will be stretched and lifted to strengthen.

I have not found it too be slightly helpful but b/c of my coughing recently it hasn't seemed to make a difference.

Slant boards

I'm 66 years old and never heard of prolapse until that heartstopping moment early in December when I felt a strange bump and investigated with a mirror to see to my horror that my "insides were outside". Was able to make an appointment with our family doctor for the following Monday. The nurse calmly told me it probably was a cystocele and that many "older women" get this.

Transverse Muscles

I'm really confused about the use of transverse muscles. Pilates teaches you to be aware of them and to use and engage them during exercise. By gently coughing, you're able to be aware of the transverse muscles. However, I read that chronic coughing will contribute to prolapse, so does that mean that doing exercises that use the transverse muscles will contribute to prolapse? I'm scared of using these muscles now!

Restore - Beverly Hills

I don't know if this is best placed in "Pelvic Health" or "Bodywork"...

Someone on another list passed this along to me. Unfortunately I don't live in that area anymore. Christine, what do you think? If anyone is in SoCal, they might want to check it out.

http://www.mybodyrestored.com/

Random Questions

Ok, I am losing my hair. Is this related to the prolapse? Is it caused by stress? I just don't want to worry about something else.

I know post partum you do lose a lot of hair, since during pg your entire body is in a growth mode, so after delivery you lose the hair you would have been shedding all along. I lost that hair, at my temples mostly. Then it grew back, I had tons of baby hair, kind of annoying but I was glad to see it. Now it's all gone, all the new hair is gone again. What's going on?

Second random question - I do find that I can't empty my bladder all the way. Are you all doing what Christine recommended in the book? Ie, getting on all fours? Any other ideas there?

Correct posture?

I'm new to this & trying to work on the posture. It feels & looks awkward to me & makes me look swagback, which I didn't think was healthy. Am I over extending?

one step back

after a few months of not even noticing my 'celes, I've been having that dragging feeling for over a week. It started with my period, which is normal for me. Usually it lasts a day or so, this time it feels worse every day. I'm not feeling great all around, fighting something and lots of 'stuff' going on in my life right now. I know its all related, but it gets me worried. does anyone else here have setbacks? do you regain your 'normal' again? ugh. I have those feelings of hopelessness again. doesn't help that my two year old's been extra clingy and insisting that I carry him around all day, h

Pages

Subscribe to Whole Woman Village Forum RSS