any advice

Body: 

Any advice please for a 70 yrs. old man

with frequent urination, probably because of prostate issues? thank you so much ladies!

Hello Old and Young Mom,

It was only discovered in the late 1990s that the prostate is filled with estrogen beta receptors! Phytoestrogens play a very important role in men’s health too, and the huge surge in prostate cancer may be a reflection of the negative effects of having too little phytoestrogen in the diet.

Older men make lots of estrone, and that estrogen goes through the liver and is changed into dozens of estrogen metabolites. Some of these molecules are very persistent, meaning they don’t let cells complete a natural life cycle. When cells live past their lifespan they become subject to mutations, which can initiate malignant processes.

Phytoestrogens attach to the estrogen beta receptor, displacing more persistent forms of estrogen. In this way, natural cell cycles are assured. This may be the underlying cause of hypertrophy of the prostate, similar to an abnormally thickened endometrium. Here is a good study for further reading:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4212017/pdf/14_105_christof...

We used to get lots of phytoestrogens from our diet. These molecules are found in all legumes, particularly alfalfa and red clover. Also in whole wheat and whole rye. My husband and I have been drinking strong red clover tea for the past 12 years and he has zero problem with his prostate. I remember him saying when we first started drinking it that he felt much better in that regard.

The pharmaceutical companies took this marvelous science and - guess what? They created and patented artificial phytoestrogens like tamoxifen and raloxifene, which they sell at exorbitant prices. These drugs also come with serious side effects, which are non-existent in phytoestrogenic plants.

Whole Woman Posture is Whole Man Posture too! Having him relax his belly and get his weight forward by lifting his chest will relieve pressure from the bladder neck and prostate.

Wishing you and your husband well!

Christine

Thank you so much Christine, I'm so happy to read your answer! I hoped my question wasn't ridiculous when I wrote it :-) He was already offered an urologic surgery (It's my father). Years ago he had Leukemia, I wonder if that should have an influence on his decisions now. I guess it will, and that he will go with the conventional advice. I didn't think of prostate cancer, just assumed that the posture might be helpful, and I'm happy to hear that it might. Thank you again!

Of course I'll give him the information, I believe it's important even with a surgery. And I'm happy to learn how to feed my family too!